Ten years ago, the world’s major chocolate companies signed an agreement called the Harkin-Engel Protocol. The companies agreed to eliminate the worst forms of child labor in their supply chains. Ten years later we are still eating chocolate that is the product of child slave labor. There is now an international campaign called the “10Campaign” that petitions these companies to honor the promises made in that agreement. See http://www.10campaign.com for the petition. The weekend of January 20-22, 2012 CNN Freedom Project presented their recently completed documentary “Chocolate’s Child Slaves“.
- Come meet & learn from #FairTrade Alta Gracia workers tonight, 10/30, 7:30pm at UVM (Waterman 413). #VT #btv http://t.co/vzJKnb6wlv 4 years ago
- RT @gfe_board_games: Fair Trade Daily is out! paper.li/gfe_board_game… Stories via @ProsperityCndle @FairTradeVT 4 years ago
- Excited to celebrate #FairTrade Month @UVM w/ @wearaltagracia & @PJCvtstore 10/30, 7:30pm. Come be inspired! fairtradeburlington.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/alt… #BTV #VT 4 years ago
- Celebrate #FairTrade Month w/Alta Gracia at UVM! 10/30 7:30pm. Meet and learn from fair trade workers: fairtradeburlington.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/alt… #BTV #VT 4 years ago
- #FairTrade Month is here! Check out events in the #BTV #VT area and come celebrate. fairtradeburlington.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/fai… @PJCvtstore @saintmichaels 4 years ago